For one to be qualified to drive a 4×4 car in Uganda, he/she must have a valid driver’s permit given by the country of residence authorized to drive in Uganda for 3 months if the driver’s license is in English. After the 3 months term has passed, each driver will be to get Ugandan driving support but if a driver’s license is not in English, then a driver must be maintaining an authorized translation of his driver’s license and as an alternative route any driver may obtain an international driving permit before arriving into Uganda but note that there are a few traffic rules and laws in the area governing car driving which contain;
- The lowest age for driving is 18 years.
- The speed limit on highways is 100 km/h (62 mph), in outside built-up places– 80 km/h (50 mph), and 50 km/h (31 mph) in urban built-up areas.
- It is prohibited to drive any car without a valid driver’s license.
- Operating a mobile phone while driving is prohibited.
- Drivers and all passengers in the car are mandated to wear protecting seat belts.
- Motorcycle riders must wear defensive helmets.
- It is prohibited to drive under the power of alcohol or any drug. The legal blood alcohol level is 0.08%.
- A back-facing baby seat must not be fitted into a car seat guarded by an active frontal airbag.
- At junctions, drivers must provide a way to traffic from their right.
- Third-party insurance is compulsory.
Many travellers as well as Ugandan locals will find this truly tiresome and to bypass going through all this bother of following laws and rules of self-driving in Uganda, we at FK Car Rental Uganda guide you a book a professional, well-qualified, and licensed Uganda driver to drive you around Kampala city, the national parks or any other tourist destination in Uganda.
Approximated to the affordable, personal, and relaxed self-drive trips, when you choose to hire a driver in Uganda for an Uganda safari, business, or leisure road trip, you are assured to enjoy the following advantages;
- Convenience. The exhausting adventure of driving is left alone and you enjoy the travel like a boss with just your eyes activated to catch every piece of the view and other attractions.
- Security. The travellers and their belongings such as camping gear, phones, cameras, and other road trip pieces of equipment are secure from thieves since you are certain of who is driving them, and the travellers’ security is assured.
- In the point of a car breakdown, the driver ever has the mechanical ability to get the car back on road.
- Map Understanding – The driver has the most suitable understanding of road maps in Uganda and stops you from getting lost in the middle of nowhere.
- Travel understanding – The driver has knowledgeable or correct and updated information about Uganda’s national parks, cities, and other places and tourism destinations.
- Tourist guide understanding – Drivers are skilled in long-distance driving, professional handling of travellers, and tour guiding.
If you are looking for a driver for hire in Uganda for a business meeting, leisure, or safari tour, just an email to;- firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now at Airtel;– (+256-707457134 ), MTN;– (+256-774784213), WhatsApp:– (+256-775694186) and we will be more than happy to get you a 4×4 rental car and driver for hire at a cheap cost that fits your budget and needs.